
World: No Shit.
I was in the supermarket yesterday and saw a cover of people magazine that Lance Bass was on with big yellow lettering "I'm Gay." The picture was so hammed up as to be unbelievable. They might as well have photoshopped him in drag having drinks with Madame Chablis while cabana boys rubbed oil on him. Please. Just because he is gay doesn't mean he still isn't Lance Bass, and we don't have to start making the pictures we publish of him extra gay.
However, what I found more interesting was the headline below that:
Colin Farrel: Sober 6 Months
Man. I don't even know where to start on that.
Also, the last Maureen Dowd editorial, where she basically interprets W and Blair's statements, filling in all sorts of snide commentary that is neither insightful nor useful, ended with the line John Tierney is on vacation. I couldn't help but laugh, as this line felt like more of an apology than a notification.
"... I'm sorry you had to read that. Seriously. So sorry. I know it was horrible. I know that Dowd is nothing but a red-headed Coulter, but, come on, Tierney is on vacation, and we had to publish something! Please continue to read our paper!"

No comments:
Post a Comment