Friday, August 11, 2006

Kenny G-Unit



I do not respect people who put the letter 'G' in their names. McG. Kenny G. What on earth could lead them to think this is 'cool'?

"Well I chose Kenny G because it elicits a certain mystique, as people wonder, well, what exactly does the G stand for? Also, G is my favorite note."

"HEY HEY HEY! I chose McG because IT ROCKS! It RE-DYNAMICIZES my IN YOUR FACE down WITH IT COOL STYLEE-O! Demographic ANALYSIS has shown that KIDS LOVE IT when you add in UNECESSARY LETTERS IN YO' NAME!! Cut me some skin, BROTHA!"

They are really just lame attempts to make their names sound cool. I must say, McG's name is dumb, but I can't really say I've got beef with him other than that. Kenny G, however, well... just look at the picture.

50 Cent I respect for naming his crew G-Unit. It is straightforward. And, unlike so many poseurs, he has street cred. Real street cred. I think the street cred really came when he got shot directly in the mouth. Now if he had only been shot say, 4 or 5 times, or maybe not shot in the mouth, he might not be as badass. But no. He is badass.

"Yea I call my crew G Unit cuz we are gangsta's and I like callin' us a unit cuz like the army's gots units and we roll all strapped and organized and shit just like in they army."

"Don't you care that you are projecting an image of gangsterhood that might upset your neighbors, and such an image might bar you from acceptance into the elite society which you so obviously want to be a part of?"

"Kiss my ass."

Yeah, 50 cent is way cooler than Kenny G or McG. I have to respect any dude who walks around with a custom bulletproof vest.

I prefer mine though:



Hats off, Mr. Cent. Hats off.

No comments: