Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Commercials Before Movies Want Me To Buy A Lot Of Cel Phones / Threaten Me With Death For Using Them In A Theater

At the last movie I saw I counted no less than 3 ads before the movie for phones, and as many warnings about ejection from my seat via a comical mechanical process, being a morally reprehensible sock puppet or a big fatso jerk for using my phone in a theather. Something of a mixed message, I'd say.

Further, the people actually in the cel phone commercials made me want to choke on my popcorn. If people actually sat at dinner tables, listening to a tinny rendition of Kelly Clarkson spewing forth from a cel phone, waving their arms about and dancing in their seats, while I sat at the next table trying to eat my dinner, well, let's just say this world would be that much more horrible a place.

No comments: