Thursday, March 23, 2006

My Mother Complains About My Celphone Bill During 30 Minute Long Phone Conversations

"I cannot believe how expensive your phone bill is this month! What, are you calling China? You want from I should have a heart attack when I open the envelope for the bill? Oy, let me tell you something, in my day, phones were made of peacock feathers and the Wizard of Oz himself had to dial them for you. But did he charge $110? You bet he didn't! How much did he charge?... That's right I am asking you... You know perfectly well how much he charged because I have told you before! Don't.. No quiet you don't make me put uncle Moiven on... Yes, he charged 3 cents and not a penny more! I tell you, you kids with your interwebs and your e-mails and your constant need to give yourselves epilepsy what with the blinking lights and STOP INTERRUPTING ME WHEN I AM TALKING! Listen to me when I speak... I can wait. ... I can wait. ... ...

...

STOP INTERRUPTING ME!"

Many, many minutes pass.

"And that reminds me, will you get your cholesterol tested again?"

*Dialtone*

No comments: